Jon M. Chu is a Hollywood director. You’ve likely seen some of his work on the big screen. He directed G.I. Joe Retaliation, Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, Step Up 2, Now You See Me 2 and many other blockbusters. In this episode, Jon talks about a profound moment in his childhood when he not only asked himself Why Not Now? but also sold the idea to his mom. It was a conversation that changed the whole trajectory of his life. Jon shares a time when he asked Steven Spielberg how he would know when he's a director. Steven's response has guided Jon since. As for Jon’s current Why not Now? - He had to do one thing to nudge him forward. This is something that applies to many of us. Once we pull this trigger, we’re off and we have momentum. Jon shares his secret that will help spark action toward your own Why Not Now?
- Jon shares a critical Why Not Now? moment he experienced in the middle of the night during high school.
- Instead of writing papers in high school, Jon convinced his teachers to let him submit videos.
- How Jon has navigated through moments of drought in the early days of his career.
- The wisdom Steven Spielberg gave to Jon at a young age.
- The impact growing up in Silicon Valley had on Jon's career as a director.
- The role social media has played within the process of film making. Literally how Jon has used social media during the production of films.
- The future of technology and film making.
- What Jon would tell his younger self.
Follow Jon: https://www.instagram.com/jonmchu/
To learn more about monday dot com, and for a free trial, go to http://hey.monday.com/amyjomartin
To learn more about the Renegade Accelerator, go to http://renegadeaccelerator.com/
Get Amy Jo’s newsletter: https://amyjomartin.activehosted.com/f/21
Join the Why Not Now? Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/whynotnowpodcast/
Follow Amy Jo…
Why Not Now? Insta: http://www.instagram.com/whynotnow
Buy Amy Jo’s Book: https://amyjomartin.shop/collections/frontpage/products/renegades